Tuesday, September 30, 2008

So... not going to lie... every week, if not everyday, I find out about some new and exciting technology thing. But, sometimes I feel like there's so much that I'm going to get lost. I mean, I already have a blog, a wiki, delicious, voicethread, e-mail, facebook, uen, google reader, blackboard, and I know there's more but I can't think of the rest right now. Luckily, I have them all written down so I hopefully won't forget. But you know, I've realized that's just the way it's going to be. There's always something new out there and luckily I don't feel too overwhelmed by all the stuff I have but I'm just afraid that I'll forget about it and not use it like I could.

Last week we had Pamela Turley come and talk to us about my.uen.org I thought it was really cool and I like how useful it would be for a classroom. I think it would especially be useful in a special education classroom to keep in contact with parents so they know what's going on. It will help them be involved and therefore will hopefully help the student learn as well because the parents will know better what do at home as well.
Sherry also came and talked to us and the thing I think I thought was the coolest was the interactive whiteboard (Mimio). It can help with reading and gross motor skills... most importantly I think it will make learning fun for children.

oh yeah! and along with updating my blog background I also added a picture and "about me" information. finally!

No comments: